My name is Izzy. I am an 18 year old student and an advocate for both autism and mental health.
Throughout my entire life I have struggled with my mental health which led me to being hospitalised at 15. I was diagnosed as autistic just before my 18th birthday and continue to struggle with anxiety as well as borderline personality disorder.
I began posting on Instagram about my experiences shortly after this, and discovered a whole online community of wonderful autistic people. I am incredibly grateful that so many people decided to follow me. I feel so honoured to be a part of such an inclusive and beautiful community.
Since being diagnosed, autism has become my special interest. I have spent a large amount of time researching autism so that I can understand myself better and reflecting on my childhood. My blog and Instagram page are a collection of these findings and thoughts.
Thank you for being apart of my journey and for supporting me as I learn to navigate this neurotypical world.
DISCLAIMER: Everything I post is based off my own experiences and personal views. No information posted here should be interpreted as medical advice. This is not a substitute for therapy or other mental health services.
If you would like to support me or donate towards the cost of this website, you can buy me a coffee here:
New posts in your inbox
Advocacy & Qualifications
- Young Ambassador for the National Autistic Society
- Set up Neurodiversity Week at my sixth form school & given numerous presentations about my experiences
- Mentor to autistic youth with Genius Within, Summer 2021
- Volunteer at Appeer – a charity for autistic teens & girls
- Youth advisor for my county council
- Done interviews with Dr Marianna Murin & Dr Ann Ozsivadjian about my experiences to be used for training mental health professionals
- Run the Instagram account @/autieselfcare
- Article: The challenges faced by an autistic person when interviewing for a job and suggested solutions for the employer
- Article: Disability Pride Month
- Podcast: Living in a neurotypical world
- Article: My diagnosis story
- Interview: Boundaries & Self Care
- A Levels: Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry, Latin
- Gold Award: Student Leadership Accreditation
- Peer Mentor Training
- University: Starting a Bsc Psychology degree September 2022